2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 cup thinly sliced yellow onion
1 can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 cup diced peeled sweet potato
1 ½ cup small cauliflower florets
1/2 cup vegetable broth
2 teaspoons Madras curry powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Tomatoes and curry powder; cook 3 minutes, stirring mixture constantly.
- Add sweet potato to pan; sauté 5 minutes.
- Decrease heat to medium.
- Add cauliflower, Add broth and salt; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with cilantro; serve with yogurt.
Note: For a richer curry, substitute the vegetable broth with one 14 ounce can of coconut milk. Serve hot with basmati rice, garnish with fresh cilantro.
Serves 4 – 6.